Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Junk



We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have. -- Frederick Keonig


What he had not learned, however, was this: to find contentment in himself and his own life.  -- Hermann Hesse


The time we enjoy wasting is usually a good indicator of our real values… The best things in life feel like we feel when we waste our time! --Harold J. Duarte-Bernhardt 


I have written about Contentment in the past but I have had a recent conversation about it and today I stumbled upon a good article about it today (http://www.innerbonding.com/show-article/2662/beyond-misery-junk.html).  It is sometimes difficult to be content and happy when times are tough but those are the times when we learn how to be content.  In the article the author speaks about how our thoughts affect our level of happiness.  When we think depressing/negative/guilty/shameful/etc thoughts then those feelings are what we project.  When we wake-up in the morning and think...."what a beautiful day, I'm ready to face the challenges it brings" then we prepare our thoughts in a positive manner.

Believe me, I've gone through times when I did not want to face the day because I was so unhappy.  When I decided to change my thoughts I began to see positive things in everything.  I try (now) to find joy in every situation and to learn from those challenges that try to drag me down.  I'm not perfect and I do have rough days but those days are very few.  I am very thankful for everything and (especially) everyone in my life.  I try not to allow things/people/circumstances to steal my joy these days!  Try not to allow the 'junk' in your life to steal you smile!


1 comment:

NEW WEBSITE!!

I finally did it, I have my OWN domain and website.  This blog will remain open but I will be moving content over to the new website and add...