Friday, October 22, 2010

Epiphany



e·piph·a·ny –noun.
a sudden, intuitive perception of or insight into the reality or essential 
meaning of something, usually initiated by somesimple, homely, or 
commonplace occurrence or experience.




Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world.  -- John Milton


Have you ever had an epiphany?  I have had only a few and they helped me to find clarity in troubling situations.  The definition of the word is a sudden insight that began through an everyday occurrence, something that we normally would not notice.  In the past mine came through the words or actions of others.  Sometimes when we need clarity it is good to get away and just ponder the facts while other times the clarity comes simply through the actions of ourselves and/or others.  I can't say that all decisions that I've made have been right but they were right for that time.  I also cannot say that all decisions that I've made came through an epiphany however those that have were the most freeing.  At those times when I have felt trapped by my circumstances or situations I had peace when I finally worked out how I was feeling at the time.  Of course, we cannot always base our decisions on feelings but when something is troubling then it helps to sort those feelings out.


I read a great article in last month's Psychology Today about epiphanies and I also found a good posting on their website about the subject too:  How to Communicate With Your Life.  If you have a moment take the time to read through the article, it always helps to be educated when we make decisions.




No comments:

Post a Comment

NEW WEBSITE!!

I finally did it, I have my OWN domain and website.  This blog will remain open but I will be moving content over to the new website and add...