Thursday, September 9, 2010

Acceptance

You can't be everything to everyone. - Anonymous

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone. - Bill Cosby

God has given you one face, and you make yourself another. - William Shakespeare 




This is an excellent response to what I was talking about yesterday in my post Hatred.

New Songs Of Praise: A Christian Response to the Mosque at Ground Zero: "What would Jesus do today? What would he say about a group of his followers in Florida who are planning to burn copies of the Koran, the Isl..."


I also received a great reading today in Our Daily Bread about Love.


Why is it that we think so highly of ourselves that we cannot accept others?  We are all without fault and no matter how religious or good you are you still have faults.  I have PLENTY!  The good thing about being fallable is that we don't have to act as though we are perfect.  How about some GRACE and ACCEPTANCE?  Instead of trying to put on a mask, try being who you are and accept others as they are.  Our differences are what make us unique, which is a good thing!  When God sculpted you He broke the mold for a reason.  Try to see others as they are and accept their good and not-so-good qualities.  If nothing else we will learn some character which will mold us into better people!?


1 comment:

  1. I love this post Anissa especially the part about grace and acceptance and not having to be perfect. Good stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete

NEW WEBSITE!!

I finally did it, I have my OWN domain and website.  This blog will remain open but I will be moving content over to the new website and add...