Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hatred


We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another.  --Jonathan Swift


Hate is too great a burden to bear.  It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.  --Coretta Scott King


Ok, I'm shocked at the amount of hatred that comes from the church.  I saw this:  Even pastor’s old church condemns Quran-burning on Yahoo! today and I cannot believe what I'm reading! I am a living, breathing beliver myself but to say that Jesus came to this earth to condemn others just makes me angry!  How can the church attract people if they are scaring people into the pews?  Fear does not draw, love does!  I did a search for 'hatred' and found an interesting article:  The Origin of Hatred.  Were we not commanded to love one another?!

2 comments:

  1. I have a blog I write daily and seeing this entry has spurred me to take on your entry and expound on it for my entry tomorrow. I think you'll like what I have to say.

    I'll be interested in your feedback. Check out the blog in the A.M.
    http://www.cjpwisdomandlife.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more. Your quote by Jonathan Swift is very sobering. More damage is done by so called followers of Christ. My brother is a missionary to Muslim international students in another country and this puts him in danger and damages the testimony of the Gospel. Check out my latest post on this very same subject.
    http://newsongsofpraise.blogspot.com/2010/09/building-mosques-and-burning-korans.html
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

NEW WEBSITE!!

I finally did it, I have my OWN domain and website.  This blog will remain open but I will be moving content over to the new website and add...