Thursday, July 15, 2010

Grace


–noun

1. elegance or beauty of form, manner, motion, or action.
2. a pleasing or attractive quality or endowment.
3. favor or good will.
4. a manifestation of favor, esp. by a superior.
5. mercy; clemency; pardon: an act of grace.
6. favor shown in granting a delay or temporary immunity.


Grace is free sovereign favor to the ill-deserving. ~Benjamin B. Warfield

Grace has been defined as the outward expression of the inward harmony of the soul. ~William Hazlitt

Without grace beauty is an unabated hook. ~French Proverb


After writing yesterday about sincerity I began to think about grace and how it all ties together. By definition grace is something that no one deserves but is given freely as a gift. Grace is unmerited favor and pardons us from us from our actions. I know that I have not arrived at perfection so I need grace daily. Grace does not only come from God or any other deity in which you believe but it also comes from those around us and given by us. Grace should not be given simply because we want it in return but given freely and without any strings attached.

I personally believe that everyone is entitled to some bit of grace simply because life is tough these days and we all are human and prone to mistakes. We all could use a break now and then, so next time you’re thinking about getting angry, think about giving the gift of grace instead of anger. You’ll feel a whole lot better about the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEW WEBSITE!!

I finally did it, I have my OWN domain and website.  This blog will remain open but I will be moving content over to the new website and add...