Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Weakness?



The greatest weakness of most humans is their hesitancy to tell others how much they love them while they're alive. --Unknown


Our strength grows out of our weaknesses.  --Ralph Waldo Emerson




The greatest weakness of all is the great fear of appearing weak.  --Lawrence G. Lovasik


So let us begin anew - remembering on both sides that civility is not a sign of weakness, and sincerity is always subject to proof.  --J.F.K.


Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair but manifestations of strength and resolution.  --Kahlil Gibran


I get a newsletter from Dr. Margaret Paul of Inner Bonding and today's post really hit home for me.  I am a very tenderhearted person and I tend to think that I am weak because of this.  I am not weak but I do sometimes loose my sense of self-worth in people because I try to make those I care about happy.  I realize that I cannot MAKE others happy, that has to come from their own inner self.  I can control my own happiness by loving myself.  I think of the analogy of the airlines...put the mask on yourself before you help others.  I cannot help anyone else if I do not help myself first.

Take a moment to read the article:  Are Kindness and Tenderness Signs of Weakness?



No comments:

Post a Comment

NEW WEBSITE!!

I finally did it, I have my OWN domain and website.  This blog will remain open but I will be moving content over to the new website and add...