Monday, December 6, 2010

Great?





Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.- John D. Rockefeller

Always do what you are afraid to do.- Ralph Waldo Emerson

The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek.- Joseph Campbell

Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared.
- Eddie Rickenbacker


Is your life "good enough" but not GREAT? What choices can you make TODAY to begin to make your life great?  I was reading Viktor Frankl's book (below) and he contends that happiness lies not in the circumstances but in our attitude toward our circumstances.  Frankl describes life in the concentration camps from a psychological prospective and how he and the other inmates found joy even in the worst of times.  I think that many of our lives pale in comparison to his ordeal, so how can we NOT find some joy in life?  There is always a reason for the hardships we endure but when going through them we (I) tend to get tunnel-vision and focus on the negative rather than what I can learn from the challenge.


1 comment:

NEW WEBSITE!!

I finally did it, I have my OWN domain and website.  This blog will remain open but I will be moving content over to the new website and add...