Friday, September 24, 2010

Birthday


And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.  -Abraham Lincoln

Maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had, and what you've learned from them, and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.  -Unknown

The older the fiddler, the sweeter the tune.  -Pope Paul VI

The secret to staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.  - Lucille Ball

Another year has passed and much has happened.  I can say that my life is better this birthday than it has ever been before.  I am truly blessed beyond measure.  I have learned that true joy is not found in the pursuit of possessions or cash.  Happiness comes from rich and fulfilling relationships.  Seeing The Man and my children smile is more than I could have ever hoped for today.  Thank God for allowing me to have another year on this earth and thank you for bringing such wonderful people to share my life with.  I do not lie about my age but embrace the lessons that life has given me and look forward to what the next year has to offer.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Anissa.
    Happy belated Birthday and glad to hear you had a rich and fulfilling year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post Anissa,
    Happy Belated Birthday and glad to hear you had a rich and fulfilling year! :)

    ReplyDelete

NEW WEBSITE!!

I finally did it, I have my OWN domain and website.  This blog will remain open but I will be moving content over to the new website and add...