Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Beauty


A thing of beauty is a joy forever: its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness. - John Keats

Beauty is eternity gazing at itself in a mirror. - Kahlil Gibran

Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.
 
- Franz Kafka
Everybody needs beauty as well as bread. - John Muir


Today is the first day of Fall, the trees are beginning to change color and there is a crispness in the air.  I have tried to train my eyes to focus on the beauty in the world rather than the 'other' things.  It has been and still is a learning process but I find that when I look for good my days seem to go much better.  In past years I have not lived this way but since I refocused my attention I see the difference in my thought patterns and moods.


Try to step back from the issues and cares of the world to see the beauty.  Not just outward beauty and things that you can see with your eyes but things that you can feel inside.  Try to see something good even when someone is not being as pleasing as you would like.  Maybe they have an underlying issue that is plaguing them?  Maybe they are just having a rough day.  Try to brighten the world with beauty that you have inside.  Change the world, one smile at a time.


Truth and Beauty; Poetry and Prose About Life, Love, Friendship and Other Relationships


1 comment:

  1. I love your blog my dear and I like the photo you used. I believe a person can see beauty no matter where they are. Beauty sounds us all the time and only those who truly open his or her eyes can see it.

    ReplyDelete

NEW WEBSITE!!

I finally did it, I have my OWN domain and website.  This blog will remain open but I will be moving content over to the new website and add...