Monday, April 12, 2010

Home



A house is not a home unless it contains food and fire for the mind as well as the body.  - Benjamin Franklin

A house is made of walls and beams; a home is built with love and dreams.  - Anonymous
I am a big fan of ensuring that our home is taken care of.  I am unemployed so being at home IS my job.  I have always made it a point to ensure that our ethos is a place of comfort and safety but I think that now it is even more important.  I think that home is more than just a place where you lay your head, it is a place of safety and love.  I think that love is much better this time around because I have found my perfect match.  I think that reality is much better than any dream that I have ever had.  I want our blended family together under one roof because I think that building relationships is what life is about.   I know that this can be challenging sometimes but with the right skills I think that we can all blend into one cohesive unit.
Growing up my grandmother made sure that all of our needs were met.  She made sure that we felt loved and safe but at the same time when we were not doing what we were supposed to do she disciplined us accordingly.  The one thing that she always gave us was her time.  Time is something that you MUST give in order to build great relationships.  Time is the one thing that you can never retrieve but it IS the one thing that everyone appreciates.  Take time today to appreciate those people in your life.  Take the time to tell them good things everyday.  My motto is to never leave any good thing left unsaid.  Build those bridges and cultivate rich relationships in your life today!
I’d love to hear some stores about what makes your living space a home.  Share your comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment

NEW WEBSITE!!

I finally did it, I have my OWN domain and website.  This blog will remain open but I will be moving content over to the new website and add...