Sunday, February 7, 2010

Mended



A hundred hearts would be too few
To carry all my love for you.
~Author Unknown

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear. ~1 John 4:18

You know when you have found your prince because you not only have a smile on your face but in your heart as well. ~Author Unknown

My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, both are infinite.
~William Shakespeare

For twas not into my ear you whispered
But into my heart
Twas not my lips you kissed
But my soul
~Judy Garland


Have you ever met someone who you just knew was meant for you? Have you ever just felt in the pit of your stomach that this person was the one whom you were supposed to be with? This person was shaped and molded just for you? How about love at first sight? Is this a phenomenon that never happens or is it a reality? How about soul mates, is there such a thing? A few months ago I would have been very pessimistic in my responses to these questions. I did not think that there was such a thing as love at first sight; I did not believe in soul mates. I also never thought that it would happen to me either. I was wrong. There I said it….I WAS WRONG!

My perceptions were based upon relationships that took me hell and back. I have been cheated on, lied to, stolen from, mentally and physically abused. All of these things take a huge toll on one’s self-esteem and should not to mention the damage it does to the ability to trust and love others. I don’t talk about to enduring those things for pity but to admit that I now have a new outlook. My eyes have seen the man of my dreams, my soul mate. I opened my eyes this morning thinking about how very lucky I am to have found him because he is truly the love of my life. He is the most wonderful man that I have ever met. He is: affectionate, compassionate, caring, thoughtful, articulate, funny, loving and captivatingly handsome. He stole my heart the second that he put his arms around me and kissed me—made me weak in the knees!

I never imagined that I would be that person telling stories such as this. I could not have predicted or dreamed that I would be paired with such a perfect partner, but I was and am. Of course perfection is all dependent on perceptions but to me, HE IS perfect. We think the same thoughts, dream the same dreams and say the same words. He was made for me to love and I am so lucky to have found him!

Rascal Flatts has a song called Here, the lyrics are:

I know now, there's a million roads
I had to take
To get me in your arms this way

In a love I never thought
I'd get to get to
-here
And if that's the road
God made me take to be with you

And I'd relive all the years
And be thankful for the tears
I've cried with every stumbled step
That led to you and got
me here, right here


When I heard this song last week I thought about how difficult life has been sometimes but how very blessed I am now. He has mended my broken heart and restored the confidence that I had lost over the years. I have found my happy ending and I am so thankful that he came into my life; I am so excited about my future with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

NEW WEBSITE!!

I finally did it, I have my OWN domain and website.  This blog will remain open but I will be moving content over to the new website and add...